About The Haze magazine
Established in 2014 in the sleepy Blue Mountains suburb of Hazelbrook, Mark and Samantha Alston were looking for some live bands
to watch in the area. There appeared to be a lack of cohesion in the music and arts scenes, and no connection between the lower,
upper and mid-mountains, nor the Penrith area. Fast forward 3 years and The Haze has now published its 12th edition (publishing
seasonally each year) thanks to the hard work of the small but dedicated volunteer team, amazing support from Sponsors, and
our fabulous readers.
The team includes radio presenters Willem Hendriksen and Roger Kidd, photographers like Pat Bowden, Brigitte Grant and Aidan Jaros
Grilli, and writers including Corin Shearston, Jack Bowden, Elissa Jamieson and Matty Currey.
Distribution now reaches from Orange to the Hawkesbury, the greater Blue Mountains and Nepean/Penrith areas.
The Haze covers
Music, arts, culture, food, fitness, film, photography and everything inbetween.
Advertise Read it Online
- Music: live, events, reviews, interviews, touring acts, locals, studios, venues
- Arts: artists, studios, events, exhibitions, feature works
- Fitness: fitness clubs, outdoor activities, off-the-wall
- Local lens: Filmmakers, Film Reviews, Photographers, Gear
- Eats: Cafes, Restaurants, Breweries, Reviews, Events